Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Treatment Plan

Yesterday we started a more intensive infertility treatment plan. An IUI was the next step, but we were not quite ready for that approach, thus we compromised with a plan that incorporates the IUI prep. plan, but we do not do the semen injection. We will just get busy on the designated days! The plan is to take the Clomid for 5 days. On day 9 of the cycle, there is 1 injection of a medicine (Repronex). Go in for an ultra-sound on day 12, then there is an HcG injection. The HcG will cause me to ovulate, and then we get busy. If everything goes as expected, I will hopefully ovulate more than 1 egg, which increases the targets, which means better odds of one of them taking. This adapted plan is called the Hybrid Clomid approach. We are really hoping that this is as intensive as we have to go. A single IUI cycle costs $1,000. - - that is 1 month!! The Hybrid method is only about $200. - - still expensive but doable. Insurance does not cover any of it! Keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

Holly Steele said...

Wow! You are amazing!

I hope all goes well. I missed you last night. You did not miss much.

You will be in my prayers.

Holly

Mary Beth said...

WOW! I will be praying for you two. I hope everything goes well.

the rosenbaums said...

Rachel...we had to go through this with Reese..stay strong!! It took me almost 9 months to get pregnant and Clomid really does work! Let me know if you have any questions what so ever!! Hope you guys are doing GREAT!!!