Saturday, May 3, 2008

I am still alive!!

It has been two weeks since I posted something! I am sure some of you were wondering if I am still alive?!?! Well, I am still here and kicking! We have had a busy couple of weeks.

Quick Recap:

Last weekend, we had an organized "Work Day" at the new house. Friends and family members came over and helped paint, and Dad cooked bar-b-que out on the big pit. I am so appreciative for those workers!! Thank you Thank you!! We got alot accomplished!

Landyn had pictures taken at Shutter Magic in her Dance Recital outfit. She was so cute! Even if she just stands out there on stage I will be so happy, because she is just so darn cute in her outfit...........she doesn't even have to do the routine and she still will be adorable!! Landyn also had pictures taken AGAIN at Sue's. A couple of weeks ago, we had her pictures taken in the bluebonnets. They turned out wonderful. While we were there we saw a fairy outfit that Sue purchased to take her granddaughter's picture in that was absolutely gorgeous..................so of course, Mom had to have Landyn's picture taken in the fairy outfit!! So we went down to the creek, and put Landyn in this outfit. THE PICTURES ARE AMAZING!!!! I could not believe how awesome they turned out!!!! It will cost me a fortune to buy a portrait the size I want!!

Everyday we have been working on the house, as usual. It is coming together, but there is still a long road ahead. Patrick is umpiring baseball several days a week, so that is taking up a big chunk of time. Today, he is sanding down the wood floors. We want to sand them down and then re-stain them a different color. He did surprise me with my Mother's Day present a week early! He bought me a beautiful piece of granite to go on my vanity in our bedroom!!!! It is WOW! It is dark, almost black, with gold swirled in it! I love it!

On a side note, did anyone see the Today Show on Friday? They did a segment on Accupuncture and treating infertility. Natalie used it to become pregnant and so did Matt's wife. I have started doing some research on it, but was just wondering if any of you have heard about it. Let me know what you think! It is something that I am seriously considering giving a shot if this month is unsuccessful.

On another side note, I have a huge PRAISE!! A friend of mine who is very near and dear to my heart found out they are expecting!! I can't tell you who it is yet, but I want you to know that I am SO EXCITED for her!! It is truly amazing! She has been such an encouragement to me, and I treasure our friendship!! Praise the Lord for her and for her growing family!!! Hopefully I will be able to fill you in on who it is before too long! :0)

Oh yeah..............JR and Kendra had their baby! Tres Lewis Andrews was born on April 24th. He is perfect and adorable!!! We can't wait to go down to Austin to meet him!!

Well, that sums up the last two weeks. Tonight me, Patrick, and Landyn are home alone. So I am cooking Chinese food and Patrick is picking up Sushi...............this is our family's favorite meal!! Landyn and I went to Blockbuster to rent a couple of movies for tonight. I rented 27 Dresses....I have heard it is so cute. And Landyn picked out Diego.....of course! She says that Diego is her "boyfriend "and that she "loves Diego". Then she gets my cell phone and "calls him". I am SO going to have MY HANDS FULL!!! Patrick laughs and says "like mother, like daughter'! Haha!!!

3 comments:

Heather B. said...

I am glad to know that you are still alive!! I kept checking back to see if you had posted anything!!! Glad your house is coming along!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!! I have never heard of acupuncture for infertility but my cousin used it for morning sickness. So, if you know people who have done it sucessully, I say it is worth a shot!!!!! Maybe your body needs some natural encouragement! Good Luck in whatever road you decide to take! I will be praying for a new little Johnson!!!

Holly Steele said...

You are back! I have missed your blogs. I am glad that things are going well!
I LOVE the Today show. I watch it all the time, and I very interested in the acupuncture segment, too. I would like to hear more about it.
I will see you on Tuesday!

Sarah said...

Hey Girl!! I can't wait to see Landyns pics! I used an acupunturist out of Waco that specializes in infertility my last invitro cycle. She was very nice and not weird at all. I can get her info to you if you want it. My Dr. in Austin actually encouragers his patients to do acupuncture. Praying you wont need it though. Love Ya!