Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Not Much Excitement

There is not much excitement going on right now with the Johnson Family. So I will give a quick recap of the past few days.

I woke up Saturday morning with a awful case of Poison Ivy................all over my FACE!!! I think I got it from a stray dog that I rescued on Friday afternoon!! The cutest little Golden Retriever puppy, with a tag, ran up to me at the new house. Of course I pet her and checked out the number on her tag to call her owner. No good deed goes unpunished!! That is the only way I could think of that I would have come in contact with the nasty stuff. This will be the second time that I have gotten poison ivy from a lost puppy!!


Saturday evening, despite the poison ivy, we went to Derek Marshall's graduation party. He is such a sweetheart! This is Jenn's little brother for those of you who do not know who I am talking about. Her family is amazing, and we absolutely love them. I feel like they are actually my family too! Landyn adores them as well!


Sunday morning, my poison ivy was worse, so we did not go to church. I am so sad that we missed the Mother's Day sermon, but there was no way I was going out in public.

Sunday evening, we cooked out steaks and shrimp for Mother's Day. Yummy! It was gorgeous outside, so we sat on the front porch and relaxed with the family. I have missed that! We all have been so busy that we seldom all get together and just sit out on the front porch relaxing.

Monday morning I woke up and my eye was half swollen shut! I decided it was time to see the doctor! I got an appointment early, which was lucky! I also had to give blood to check my progesterone levels to see if I had ovulated. So I gave blood, then went to the doctor about my poison ivy. He prescribed Prednisone tablets. I was concerned about there being a possibility of me being pregnant and taking medicine, so he wanted a blood test to see if I was pregnant, despite the fact that it still might be several day before it would show up. So yesterday I received all my results from my blood work: Neg. on pregnancy test----but staying optimistic because it is still over a week until I would be late; and my progesterone was 25----which is good because that is the highest I have had during my 10 months of infertility treatment!

This brings me down to Monday night------------Dancing with the Stars and Bachelor!!!! Even Landyn watches Monday night TV with me! She loves Dancing with the Stars! I am sad that the Bachelor is now over. Matt is my favorite Bachelor, well tied with Andrew Firestone. I didn't really like Shayne or Chelsea. He should have requested a re-shuffle of girls!

Well that wraps everything up. My eye is not half swollen shut this morning, so that is GOOD! Not much progress has been made on the house lately because Patrick has been umpiring about every night. If it wasn't for my parents, I would feel like a single mom! We see Patrick at lunch, and then when he gets home around 10:00. Good thing Landyn stays up late! All this umpiring is helping pay for the remodeling though! Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We get a new roof! Patrick and I so wanted to replace the roof because it is ugly! But that was way down on our list of expenses. But we had a big hail storm a few weeks ago, so Patrick had it inspected and we get a whole new roof!!!! Yippee!

I am watching the Today Show as I am typing this post and just saw a segment on The New Kids On The Block! They are BACK!!!! They are going to perform on the Today Show!! Holy Cow!! Who would have thought?!?!?!?!! "Ohhh, ooooh, oooh, Hangin Tough!!!!!" :o)

No comments: