Friday, April 4, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughter

Funny Story:

Patrick has taken up cigar smoking every once in a while with the guys. I am not a big fan, but there are much worse things he could be doing. So when we all get together on the weekends, the girls stay inside and sip our glass of wine, while the guys go outside to smoke their cigars.

Well, today at lunch, Landyn got a cupcake with a little Barney decoration that was sticking out of the top of it. She wanted to keep her plastic Barney stick, which was fine by me. On our way home, I heard her blowing on something back in her car seat. I turned to see what she was doing, and she told me quote, "I am smoking my cigar. It has fire in it." She actually had the pick in her fingers the same way that the guys smoke their cigars!!! I initially burst out laughing! I had no idea what made her think of that or why she thought the Barney pick would make a good cigar! Then I had to try and explain to her why we don't smoke cigars, just the guys. Like that made any sense to her! She wanted to be like Daddy!

When I told Patrick this, he said, "Did she want a glass of Scotch in the other hand?" Jokingly of course!

Typical guys for you!!

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

Very cute story!! I hope you don't mind if I read your blog. I am friends with Holly Steele ok Vaughn to me but anyway. I remember you from high school and remember seeing you at El Chico when Landyn was a baby. Your house looks awesome. I am sure you will be glad when it is finished. Have a great weekend.
Heather James Bouvier

The Redwines said...

Funny how quickly kids pick up on things. Maybe now Patrick will be more likely to kick the habit.