Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Brave Little Girl!!

Landyn has been adamant about not getting her ears pierced until she was a "grown up". I would ask her non-challantly, "hey, so can we go pierce your ears?" Her response was always "NO!" So Patrick and I were very surprised when out of the clear blue she announced to us while we were cleaning her room Saturday morning that she wanted to go and get her ears pierced!! It was totally unprovoked! That just proves my point that she will only do something when she is good and ready. There is no way I can force her or convince her because she will just dig in her heals. So we went to the mall Saturday afternoon to get her ears pierced. You could tell that she was nervous. I think Patrick was even nervous. He and mom had a bet going on whether so would go through with it. Well, Patrick lost! She was so brave. She sat in my lap and let the lady do it. To tell you the truth, I was a little nervous about getting the second one in. I knew she would go through with the first ear, but it was the second ear that I was iffy about. But she did it and did not shed a tear!! I was so proud!!

Landyn and me before the big procedure.

You can tell she was getting a little nervous. The lady was cleaning her ears and getting them ready.

Now the lady is marking the spots where she is going to put the holes.


The lady had just done the first hole and was adjusting the earring. You can see the slight pained look on Landyn's face, but note no tears!!


The lady is doing the second hole!! Yeah!!!


Now Landyn has cute little diamond studs!! Such a big girl!!!

2 comments:

The Redwines said...

Now you just have to worry about her losing them (Anna always loses one!)

Mary Beth and Travis said...

YAY! What a BIG girl!!! Way to go Landyn- they're beautiful. :)