Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And We Shall Call Him.............

Colton Brooks Johnson

We finally decided on a name for our new little bundle of joy!! He has been known as Spud for quite some time now, but we are now working on calling him by his new name..............Brooks. His official name is Colton Brooks, but he will go by Brooks. Landyn still likes Spud, but she likes Brooks too!

I still have about 6 and 1/2 weeks left, which is so close yet so so so far away! We are definitely ready for this little guy's arrival! Although, his nursery is not finished yet! Yikes!! Mom does have the bedding mostly finished, which is fabulous! She made it all!! Which is so special!! But everything is just kindof thrown into the room and not at all organized. I did get ambitious one night and washed and hung up all of Brooks' clothes! I feel like every room in my house has got some kind of unfinished project that needs to be completed before he arrives.

I have several events that I need to post pictures of, but just haven't had enough time. So hopefully in the next couple of days I will be able to sit down and post pictures of our Destin trip which took place back over the 4th of July, and post pictures from our Fredricksburg trip that we took this past weekend!!

8 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

Love it! He will be here before you know it :)

the rosenbaums said...

so sweet!! you know, that is my brothers name! :)

Kim said...

Yay- it's so fun to be able to call him by name!! Love it! We can't wait to meet Brooks!

Mary Beth and Travis said...

LOVE that name Rachel!!! We contemplated Brooks too!! So cute...and you're so close- I can't believe it!! :) YAY!!

Jenn Pitts said...

We can't wait to meet little Colton Brooks - we're counting down the days!!

RyAnn said...

Love it! Can't wait to meet him!

The Myers said...

Love it! So cute.

The Skains Family said...

Love the name. That is so cute. I know you are so ready for him to get here. Not too much longer!